Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mommydom: Day 71 & 72

Bloggosphere: Day 4

So I thought Sunday (Day 71) was going to be glorious. The weather was supposed to be beautiful, Hubber had promised to get up and make me cinnamon rolls for breakfast, and I was going to my parents to hang out for the afternoon, which is one of my favorite ways to spend a weekend afternoon.

Hubber did not get up and make me cinnamon rolls. I waited until 12:30 and decided to make my own cinnamon rolls. Hubber did not get up until 1:30.

I did actually get to hang with my parents because we were in the neighborhood anyway to retrieve Hubber's car. We left his car at the band's practice space Friday night because Hubber had been drinking and, due to the fact that I'm breastfeeding and (obviously) was pregnant before that, I have been the de-facto DD for almost a YEAR.

What made Sunday decidedly NOT glorious was the way that it ended. I texted Hubber as Bunny and I were leaving my parents' house to let him know that we'd be home soon. A minute later, I got a phone call from him saying he was at the bar. This after I had just told him on the way to pick up his car how proud I was of him the last two weeks for controlling his drinking. Did he abstain? No. I don't even think that's possible for him anymore without AA or some sort of counseling (which he refuses to participate in). However, he did limit his drinking to Friday night and only Friday night, which meant that not only did he manage to go a whole week between binges (I can't even remember the last time that happened), but he kept his disruptive behavior confined to the weekend, when it wouldn't be nearly as disruptive. Apparently, the streak was over. I feel like maybe I jinxed it. I know that's not how it works, but it still feels that way. I should have kept my big mouth shut, but I hoped that by pointed out how much better he was doing, I would motivate him to improve even more, or at least hold steady. EPIC. FAIL. He didn't come home until 2:00am Monday morning, and kept me up until 4:00am.

That's how I started Day 72.

Working/Pumping Hell: Day 6

WOW wuzitired. It's VERY lucky that the daycare is only a mile from my house and my office is only two miles from daycare, because I got 3/4 of the way to daycare and realized that I left Bunny's breastmilk in the freezer at home.

When I got to daycare with the milk, the director informed me that they never received Bunny's health release from the doctor's office, which is required by law before they start. Great. Now I'm late, AND irresponsible. Plus, now I'm all frazzled and embarrassed, so whadidido? I forgot to sign her in. Double-whammy with the irresponsibility stick. Somehow I still managed to make it to the office on time. You're probably looking at my very impressive, uber professional map and wondering how on earth I could EVER be late for work, but you'd have to understand that the parking situation at work is bad that I have to park a mile away in the opposite direction from my house, and then take a shuttle bus to work. I can leave my house 45 minutes before I actually have to be at work, and still be late, despite the fact that it would only take me 30 minutes to walk there, if I had that kind of stamina. I don't.

To top it off, I was only able to pump 6 ounces, and Bunny drinks 12 ounces a day. *le sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogarama - The Blog Directory