Monday, October 24, 2011

Mommydom: Day 69

Working/Pumping Hell: Day 5
Bloggosphere: Day 3

No, this day did not live up to it's Mommydom number... perv.

It was Friday, and I'm posting this on a Monday, so some detail may be lost, but you'll get the gist, I think.
It started off like a big steaming pile of shit.
Hubber *was* home to help with Bunny in the morning, but did so grudgingly, and minimally.
I found a once-heavy bottle-bank EMPTY, and calmly asked Hubber where the roughly 5 lbs of change had disappeared to. He took it to the bank. To start Bunny's savings account? No. To pad our checking account with $35.00 in change. REALLY?! I don't really think it's necessary to go into the nitty-gritty details of our recent financial hardship, but suffice it to say the the $35.00 he effectively STOLE from our daughter was not going to make a difference one way or the other. Does he not understand the concept of SAVING money? You put it aside, and you DON'T. TOUCH. IT. Cue psycho-mommy melt-down of monumental proportions. Hubber uninvited me to his band's show.
Bunny and Mommy both cried all the way to daycare. I continued to cry as I handed her off to her favorite teacher, and then half-way to work, at which point I phoned Hubber.

Hubber: Hello?
Mommy: I just called to say I love you.
Hubber: I love you too. I'm sorry.
Mommy: I'm sorry I yelled.
Hubber: It's okay. Look... I made a judgement call. I was trying to avoid borrowing that money from your folks. I'm sorry. I'll put it back when I get paid. How did it go at the day care?
Mommy: She was crying. I was crying. Another fabulous start to the day.
Hubber: It'll get better... and Hey! It's Friday!
Mommy: I know. I'm trying. It's just hard to leave her and it's harder when she cries.

So we made up just in time for me to get to work and have a construction worker tell me that I couldn't park in my usual spot, because it was construction parking now. I pointed out that it was not posted anywhere and left my car there.

From that point the day got better. I was able to pump 5 oz at work, got a delicious cupcake at the daycare on my lunch visit, Hubber had a great show, and Bunny and I were home, attached at the boob, and snuggled on the couch by 1:00 am... which is where we stayed for the next 24+ hours.

There were times during my maternity leave when I felt tethered to the couch, and dreamed of just twenty minutes to go to the bathroom/eat a bagel/take a shower without a baby attached to my boob. This week I got 40 hours of baby-free boobage, and I gotta say... it's not all it was cracked up to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogarama - The Blog Directory